Why is there a dress code?
Nearly all sports have standard uniforms and archery is no different. The intent of the USA Archery dress code is to ensure that all athletes are dressed appropriately and safely. Here is the current official USA Archery Dress Code Policy. This policy applies to athletes and coaches at all USA Archery sanctioned events including our local club pin shoots.
- Must present a professional, athletic appearance while on the field. (Torn, ripped or badly faded clothing articles are not allowed.) Clothing may be of any color, except as noted below.
- No camo or blue denim (jeans) may be worn at target events. Accessories such as trim on shirts, caps, quivers, armguards, footwear, etc., are permitted to be camo. At field and 3D events, denim may be worn but camo may not be worn.
- Shorts, skorts and skirts must not be shorter than fingertip length while standing normally. Leggings (tight fitting/yoga-type stretch pants) are allowed when worn with compliant shorts, skorts or skirts.
- Men and women are required to wear upper garments covering the front and back of the body and covering the midriff when at full draw. Women's upper garments shall have a minimum strap of 3" or sleeves. Men's upper garments shall have short or long sleeves.
- Shoes must cover the entire foot. Sport/athletic shoes are recommended to all athletes and coaches during target events.
- At no time will any athlete or coach wear any article bearing any image or language to be considered offensive to others.